Right here at We ❤ Well being Literacy Headquarters, we’re huge followers of each preventive well being care and stopping the unfold of COVID-19. So nowadays, expensive readers, we actually ❤ telehealth. In keeping with CDC, 4 in 10 U.S. adults have averted well being care as a result of COVID-19 issues. That’s, effectively, regarding! Folks want routine well being care, pandemic or no — and telehealth lets them get it with zero anxiousness about additionally getting COVID at their go to.
As well being communicators, we will train our audiences about telehealth and encourage them to provide it a attempt. Begin with a easy definition for the newbies on the market: Telehealth — typically referred to as telemedicine or a digital go to — is mainly distant well being care. In case you’re utilizing a pc, cellphone, or pill for a physician go to, that’s telehealth.
And whereas telehealth actually can’t take the place of all in-person visits, it’s an excellent choice for issues like:
- Yearly checkups together with your major care physician
- Dermatology visits
- Psychological well being counseling
- Vitamin counseling
- Observe-up visits to share check outcomes
When you’ve lined the fundamentals, spotlight some key telehealth advantages:
- It’s safer. Proper now, telehealth’s fundamental promoting level is that it permits of us to remain linked to care with out the danger of getting COVID at a physician’s workplace or hospital. Simply consider it like social distancing, however together with your physician.
- It’s sooner. Whenever you minimize out the commute, the ready room, the second ready room (er, examination room), the go to will get an entire lot shorter — and an entire lot simpler to suit right into a busy schedule. And who’s ever stated, “I want I spent extra time sitting in ready rooms”? That’s proper. Nobody!
- It will increase entry. Telehealth is especially useful for individuals who must see a specialist however don’t reside close to one — and it removes the transportation barrier on the whole. Many telehealth suppliers additionally provide appointments exterior conventional physician’s workplace hours, making it simpler for individuals to seek out instances that work for them.
So encourage your audiences to ask if their docs provide telehealth — and to test with their insurance coverage carriers to verify it’s lined.
And at last, whereas COVID security received’t be as a lot of a problem sooner or later (we positive hope!), 2 of the three advantages above will maintain true lengthy after the pandemic is over. So whereas it’s a superb software for conserving individuals linked to care throughout COVID, we predict telehealth is right here to remain.
The underside line: Encourage your audiences to discover telehealth — throughout COVID-19 and past.
Tweet about it: #Telehealth is a safe, effective way to get routine health care — during the pandemic and beyond. @CommunicateHlth has tips for explaining the benefits of telehealth to your audiences: https://bit.ly/3sAuk6F #communicateCOVID